This is a temporary-seasonal, on-call position that requires the shoveler to work both independently and as a team member. The shoveler is responsible for de-icing and clearing snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots for various commercial properties in the Central North Carolina area.
- Lift up to 50lbs. on a regular basis
- Handle repetitive bending, crouching, twisting
- Be on their feet for extended periods of time
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather
- Proficiently and safely use snow clearing materials and equipment such as- Snow shovels and fertilizer spreaders
- Proficiently and safely distribute de-icing materials such as- Calcium Chloride or rock salt
- It is required that all snow shovelers have cold-weather gear and it appropriately protects them against adverse weather conditions
- This is a weather dependent position and there are no guaranteed hours.