The Project Manager (FM) is an exempt production management, supervisory, job classification. They are responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of clients to meet revenue and gross margin goals. They may be asked to perform other work as required.
The Project manager is a member of the Green Team and as such understands and upholds:
- Company mission and vision statement, leadership principles, and company core values
- All safety standards pertaining to job responsibilities in accordance with Greenscape policies
- All company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and/or other company documents
The examples of functions listed in this job description are representative, but not necessarily exhaustive of any one position in this job classification. Management may assign other functions not listed here if such duties are a logical assignment for the position.
- Maintain familiarity with job specifications and insures compliance using horticulturally appropriate and branch approved practices
- Schedule/prioritize workload to meet/exceed client expectation and to ensure efficient usage of materials and resources
- Effective/productive supervision of crews
- Work with Production Manager to determine the crews' priorities, division of work and develop work plans for each position on a regular basis
- Coordinate schedules, materials and/or equipment needs with Production Manager
- Responsible for overall Quality Control
- Irrigation System Management (coordinate repairs with Irrigation Technician)
- Flower Management (scheduling and production).
- Lawn care service requests coordinated with Operations Coordinator.
- Proactively identify enhancement opportunities and communicate opportunities to Sales Dept.
- Manage equipment needs and see that all equipment is properly maintained
- Answer foremen's questions and ensure that concerns are resolved in a timely manner
- Anticipate and solve problems before they occur (being proactive).
- Achievement of foremen's performance standards
- Demonstrate ability to safely operate equipment
- Demonstrated technical knowledge including but not limited to plant ID, turf ID, insect and disease ID and diagnosis, equipment calibration, pruning techniques and schedules, pesticide, and chemical application
- Demonstrated ability in irrigation system management, equipment operation and basic small engine field repair and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to read maps, give and follow clear directions
- Knowledge of proper planting techniques.
- Organizational skills to manage crews daily activities, coordinate additional personnel, and equipment needed as well as work with purchasing on all needed materials
- Leadership and employee development skills including professional development, reprimanding, conducting performance plans.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) particularly for conveying technical information to crew, peers, and clients
- Demonstrated positive approach towards customer service, coworkers and subordinates
- Must have a high level of motivation, enthusiasm, be a self-starter and perform daily under pressure.
- Ability to work without direct supervision for extended periods of time
- Ability to create and sustain a productive team environment.
- Proactively manages the business portfolio to increase revenue, leverage resources, track expenses.
- Participates in monitoring measurements and maintaining company standards
- Assists in value engineering contracts that do not meet gross margin goal
- Create a positive work culture supporting the principles and values of Greenscape.
- Treats others with the respect, collaboration, and support that improves morale, and employee success.
- Communicates with team in a proactive manner
- Works professionally with all team members
- Monitor performance indicators for self and team as per company standards. Timely entry and maintenance of metrics and measurements